Expect Price Increases on Microsoft Dynamics AX & GP Licenses
Attention Microsoft Dynamics Users! Beginning July 1 2014 there will be significant changes to Dynamics AX and GP (and NAV) Module Based Licensing (MBL) and Business Ready Licensing (BRL) pricing.
The BRL model was introduced in 2006 in order to simplify pricing and offer groupings of modules according to customer need. The MBL licensing model was still made available to ensure pricing stability for those existing accounts.
The next release of Microsoft Dynamics ERP systems introduced Business Value Licensing and Perpetual Licensing. These new models consolidated the licensing into one edition, grouped functionality into one or two price packs and increased flexibility with more Client Access License options. When these new models came out, Microsoft continued to offer new customers the option of licensing the earlier versions (AX 2009 R2, GP 2010 R2) through the BRL model to allow for the transition of vertical solutions.
The option to license all Dynamics ERP products through the BRL model will end July 1, 2014 and any new Dynamics customers will license AX 2012 R2, GP 2013 R2 and NAV 2013 R2. Microsoft is encouraging existing MBL and BRL customers with an active contract to upgrade to the latest version of their products with the license model transition upgrade (offer?) They do understand that some customers will choose to remain on their current version and so existing MBL and BRL customers may still add users and functionality through their current licensing models.
However, in order to justify the different prices across licensing models, Microsoft is making the following price increases also effective July 1, 2014.
- Elimination of all user price tiers (e.g. 11-25 users, 75+ users) on the following license models and editions:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX MBL Professional, MBL Enterprise, and BRL Business Essentials
- Microsoft Dynamics GP MBL Professional
- Note: After this change, the pricelist will display a 1+ user price.
- User price increase on the following license models and editions:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP MBL Professional and BRL Business Essentials
- Please note that prices for the GP Standard edition and BRL Advanced Management edition are not changing.
If you are currently a Microsoft Dynamics customer and would like more information on these prices changes and how they may affect you, contact AKA.