Missing Sales Orders in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012?
If you are unable to see your sales orders – do not panic. The rest of your team can still view them so it must be something YOU did wrong – you are right. However, don’t worry – you can find them.
If your team does not appreciate your magic skills and ability to make sales orders disappear it’s fine, you will only learn from this, and will be the only one in your team who knows how to fix this issue. I experienced this issue while working with my team last month. As this functionality is new to AX 2012 we spent time troubleshooting, but had no luck until we reported the case to Microsoft and found out that everything was working as designed. Since this was not documented anywhere I have decided to share our results with anyone out there who has lost your sales orders/customers.
Below is the empty Sales Order screen:
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Here are the steps to recreate this issue so you can see if it is what you are dealing with:
- Make sure “Use duplicate check” is enabled in Global Address Book parameters
- Create new user
- Create new employee
- Go to User Relations, associate User with Worker
- Go view Sales Orders (everything is viewable)
- Go to customer and add contact with same name as worker record
- When dialog box opens indicating you can create a new contact or select and existing record, select the global address book (GAB) entry for the worker record previously created
- Return to Sales Orders, NONE will be visible
If this is the issue you are seeing it is actually working as designed. The reason for this is because contacts related to customers are meant to be external and don’t get a view of the Sales Order list.
How can you make the Sales Orders visible?
- Go to System administration – Users
- Select User – Setup – Relation
- Delete associated worker
- Go back to Customer record; Under Accounts click Contacts – View contact
- Select the contact you want to remove
- Click Delete
- Go back to Sales Orders and you will be able to see all sales orders again.
Snezana Kokot is a Senior AX Consultant with InterDyn AKA