Sales and Marketing: The New Power Couple
You know the story. It’s the end of the quarter and the sales numbers are below the target. The sales team is pointing fingers at marketing because they aren’t bringing enough qualified leads, and marketing is responding by saying sales is at fault because they don’t know how to follow up on a lead. Sound familiar?
Today, many businesses lack synergy between sales and marketing, due to a variety of reasons, including:
- Success in the sales and marketing departments is measured differently.
- Sales and marketing have a different vision of the ideal target customer.
- Actionable customer insight sits in dozens of disconnected databases.
- There is a lack of a 360-degree view of customers and their buying preferences.
- Broken processes make it impossible to track what is working.
- The technology is too hard to use so that there is limited adoption.
The rest of this article is found on an XPS file at this link: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/whitepapers/default.mspx